TILLAMOOK CREAMERY- A Dairy Lover’s Dream
Note: the beginning of this article was written in February 2019 when I fully supported Tillamook, then I found out information to make me feel otherwise… read full article to find out.
Although it is not necessary a travel nature spot – YOU MUST STOP AT TILLAMOOK CREAMERY and take a tour!
Unless you are lactose intolerant, vegan, or dairy free, then it might just be torture to see all the deliciousness & not be able to enjoy it. Even if you are trying to eat mostly dairy free (as I try to do), you should most definitely take a cheat day for this.
If you are a person that even enjoys cheese or ice cream a little, it’s well worth it.
Why Tillamook Creamery is Worth a Stop:
- It’s a huge building right off the 101, so you don’t have the excuse of it being out of the way 😉
- The tour is FREE & self-guided! Best kind out there!
- There are FREE SAMPLES of their Tillamook Cheese flavors (sayyyyy whhhhhatttt?!) 🧀🧀🧀🧀
- The tour is actually really interesting & there is a big screen where they also explain the process of how they make certain things in movie versio. Expanding that brain!
- Awesome gift store below! You can buy a good amount of ‘end pieces’ of cheese mashed together for cheap or wine or anything!
- Tillamook Creamery ice cream counter! – lots o’ flavors to choose from, long line for us, but well worth it! YUUUUUUUMMMMM. Double scoop for both of us = $10
Pictures tfrom the experience:
This was a very nice stop on our trip in January 2019 & I wrote this maybe a couple weeks after going. It was still very interesting to see how it was all made, but unfortunately, I just also read that they have started using milk from other factory farm cows to produce their cheese 😑😥
What a bummer when companies decide to lose their values in order to expand their business further.
So I do not support Tillamook anymore, but it was still a nice experience. Here is the source where I found out this information:
You make your own decisions with your wallet in what you want to support as a consumer, but I’d definitely feel better eating cheese from one of these companies (or something similar 🙃):
Be the change you wish to see in the world 🌎 ✌🏼